Nairabet

Thursday 21 May 2015

I am scared of what Nollywood will become when Buhari resumes office – John Okafor



Nollywood comic actor John Okafor, popularly referred to as Mr Ibu, is worried the President-elect Muhammadu Buhari will not support the Nigerian film industry like the Jonathan-led outgoing administration. The popular actor while expressing his fear of the incoming administration said he is afraid of life after President Goodluck Jonathan exits office, In his own words, “It is only this outgoing President of Nigeria that I can think of as someone who has so much interest in developing Nollywood. I have never seen someone like that before who supports us that much. But I am seriously afraid of what

“We don’t know what could happen but I’m scared. I’m scared and watching, the former people that met with President Jonathan probably got his attention and we expected that they would work towards building a film village for AGN that would serve as rendezvous for card-carrying members. “A place whereby tourists can take a recreational tour, take photographs with actors and actresses just like Hollywood. But as it stands, that’s a mirage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment